Monday, August 23, 2010

welllll...

Well first few days here went fine! I cannot believe I am actually at COLLEGE now. Suuuch a weird feeling. So we left Friday at like 11 and went and visited baby Jax first, soo cute. Then we met Elizabeth here at like 3:45 and started moving in! It really didn't take that long and our room looks GREAT! A little on the small side, but nothing I cant handle. We went out to dinner Friday night and then I had a kickoff party for freshman, and it was actually pretty fun! 


Saturday the boys, David and Ryan, and Mr. and Mrs. Ledbetter came and saw our rooms and then me and Elizabeth went to target with my family! We just needed to get some last minute things like bins and stuff. Then my family left after we got it all set up and we said our goodbyes! I'll miss my family :( But it's okay because I know God has alot in store for me here at Cedarville. 


After that, Elizabeth and I went and got our ID's and registered our cars and did some other paperwork type things. Then we had small groups at 6 and did stuff with that until like 10.  We went to brock lounge and hung out and played bananagrams after that! Then we went to bed!


Sunday we had a chapel/church service at 10 and then we went to lunch with the Ledbetters and Elizabeth. After that we just hung out for a while. I was really tired so I took a nap/watched a couple episodes of 30 Rock :) while everyone else went to another small group things.


Then I drove to Xenia to get some tylenol PM and kind of clear my head.  I haven't been sleeping well so I thought some sleep aid would be of good help! And it did help! I slept like a rock last night! 


We also had a night worship thing outside by the rock last night, and that was so cool! 


It's amazing the difference being at chapels where the people actually want to be there, rather than Heritage, where half the people would rather not be there. The atmosphere is just so different and it is so much easier to actually be praising God rather than just singing along like at Heritage.  It is very cool. 


This morning (monday) we had meetings with our departments/majors! I went to the undecided one...of course. It was fine and made me not feel as bad for being undecided cause of all the ways they can help me choose what I want to major in! 


Then we had chapel, part of the fall Bible conference and it was great! Then the freshman had to stay for like a little meeting...which was super pointless cause everything we heard we had just heard from our department meetings. oh well! 


Just got back from lunch and Elizabeth and I are gonna go check out the Library and then maybe work out? ehh...hhahah. not for me. :) I might just go watch David and Ryan hit some baseballs instead. It is beautifullll outside! 


Well...that is all I have for now! Hopefully I will have some time to post some stuff after my first classes on Wednesday! :)


love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Keep the info coming. Nice to hear you are liking it. The library--yes, check it out. You will no doubt be spenending a lot of time there. That's where you turn information into knowledge. May your mis-hits go straight. (I'm speaking of golf AND life.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I loved reading this. good job. (also, it's Elizabeth and I, not me and Elizabeth. i have to still be mom.) have a good day tomorrow and keep writing. :) love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm i LOVE bananagrams.
    sounds like you are doing great! your appreciation for the special things about cedarville makes me miss taylor so much. enjoy it! it flies by!

    ReplyDelete