Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my life is like a dock.

So as I'm sitting here on my bed, looking at facebook, not wanting to do my homework, I started thinking.  I was looking at the background picture on my computer and decided that my life right now is like a dock. 



Right now I'm in college and I don't have a major. I have no idea what I want to do with my life or what I want to study. It's very hard to be motivated to do well in school, and study, and learn when I have no idea what I am studying for or what I am trying to learn.  That is how my life is like a dock. I can see the next four years and where I will be, Cedarville, but then it just stops. When my four years here is over I am going to be thrown into the crazy waves that is the world. It is very hard to see the next four years and nothing after that. It's almost like being able to remember up to a certain point in a movie and then forgetting how it ends. I have no idea what the Lord wants me to do. It's definitely scary. At the same time, it is kind of exciting to see my life as a dock. I can see where I am the next four years, but being thrown into the ocean will/could be fun! Jumping off a dock into the water is fun, right? 

Right now I'm just looking down at the end of the dock wondering what's down there for me and hoping when I jump into the ocean there will be a boat waiting for me. 

I know the Lord has great things in store for me, but as of now, I have NO idea what that is. I would love it if you all would pray for me in finding some answers for what God wants me to do with my life. I know I have some time, but its getting scary looking down that dock. 

--------------------------------------------------------- 

Other than that crazy stuff, school is going good! I fer realz love it here. I was thinking last night just how much I truly love it here. I know I picked the right school. And I'm very glad I did choose this school. 

I had my first college test today! Speech! Who gives a speech test? Apparently college does. Weird. I hope I did okay on it, I felt like I knew most of it! 

Kirk is 3 for 3 in eating with me once a week! (Kris, he told me to tell you that). He has met a couple of my friends and it's always an interesting lunch but I love it!

This past weekend almost everyone went home. The campus was veryyyy deserted. It was kind of nice though. Kris and Emma came over on monday and took me shopping! It was greattt! It was awesome to see them, I for sure have missed my mom. :)

--------------------------------------------------------

On another sort of serious note, I want to thank some people. 

First, Mom and Dad. I just was thinking today about the the fact that I have the opportunity to go to college. And I wanted to truly thank you for allowing me the chance to go to college. I know it will help me grow so much as a person and in Christ. Thank you so much for paying for me to go to college. I can't even imagine having to pay for college on my own and being in debt. I love you guys so much and am SO incredibly thankful for everything you have done for me in the past 18 (almost 19) years! love you both so much! :)

Second, Papa and Julie. Thank you for all the encouragement you've been giving me! Papa, It makes me so happy that you love to tell everyone that I am at Cedarville :) and Julie, I love hearing your supportive words telling me how great of a time I am going have here!

Third, Lauren (and Tyler). Thank you for all the advice you guys have given me so far! I can't imagine not having people so close to me to give me great advice about college. I know I can count on you both to help me, and I am truly thankful for that. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's all for now! Sorry for all the seriousness :)

love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hannah, there is nothing that God loves more than one who is willing to allow Him to make their plans for them! He is always on time - rarely early, but NEVER late. If you keep following Him down that dock, I can promise you that "whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21

    Also know, as you start this journey, that God is a lot like a GPS. He already knows your destination. He entered it before you were born. You are plugged into Him. You may make a wrong turn here or there, but He is famous for "recalculating" your route and getting you exactly where you need to be!

    You're a great girl with a great family! Love, jill bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah~Do not worry about settling on a major just yet. But until you find it, be sure you are seeking--asking God to lead you--as well as listening with your eyes, ears, and mostly, your heart. He will show you where and what He wants you to do!

    I had the priveledge to attend a Christian University. I didn't want to NOT have a major, so I chose one as a Freshman that would not require me actually be committed to a certain profession. (I changed my mind once God showed me His plan for my life--as a Junior). Obviously, I do not recommend my path, but I will share with you a couple things that may interest you (and make you laugh!):

    1. I didn't plan to get married or have children until I was 38 years old. (I was married at 23 and had twins;-)
    2. While the courses I took for my major have been beneficial to my progression as an adult, they were not paramount! Retrospectively, I would have been more ready to be a mother had I gotten my teaching certificate or utilized a nursing degree. (You can use any of those coourse studies as a Mom;-)
    3. God was patient and kind with me and allowed me the freedom to chose my path....and He showed me his sense of humor when I met and married Ron and then got pregnant with the boys. It never occurred to me that I would be a stay-at-home Mom! Now, I cannot imagine NOT being a stay-at-home Mom!
    4. Keep close to God! He will direct your path! I pray you will be open to whatever He has in store for you~whatever that may be, He will equip you mightily!

    Your parents have entrusted you to the Lord because they know you belong to Him. Bask in His love for you! Your future is serious--but He will make it so joyful!

    Blessings!
    Sherrie Ledbetter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my friends, for giving Hannah such awesome advice. I agree with it all. I love you Hannah and am so proud of you. Seek after God and He will direct your paths. I will, of course, be praying for you every day. God is faithful and good all the time. Remember that. Love you lots and you made me cry. It's fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going along with your theme - the good part about your life being like a dock is that there's no telling what kinds of boats (opportunities, people, things, adventures) pull up to it at any given time. The best thing to do is to leave a spot open for them to park.

    ReplyDelete