Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it's been way too long.

Oh my! It has been waaaay too long since I've posted anything. Hmmm..let's see here. 


Since last week...not a ton has happened! I had my first biology test yesterday..it was hard. Well, not hard. but definitely not easy either. I think I did decent on it...I hope. Still haven't thought of a culture to do my speech on. I give it a week from Friday! I gotta get thinking. Friday I went home. It was wonderful. It was very nice to be able to sit on the couch and just RELAX and not have to worry about anything. Or be around a ton of people and what not. Saturday I came back to school and we did stuff with our brother unit! We went to this park, and then Yellow Springs (where I found $20 on the ground!) and then we went laser tagging and to cincy to this kid's house for a bonfire. Most stressful driving everrrr. We got lost several times, there were like five cars, the person leading was speedy gonzo, it was at night. It was just scary. But alot of fun for sure! Tonight is PRINTY WARS. We are wearing footie pajamas, my idea. It's gonna rewl. 


So I've been trying to really think hard about a major. And everyone keeps telling me I have time, but it's starting to get kindof stressful. I feel like I'm just floating around here with no purpose. Not just because I don't have a major, but also because I don't know what God wants me to do with my life and I don't feel like I have much of a purpose right now. But from talking with some great friends, someone said that maybe right now I am supposed to just be a good friend. and that even though I don't feel like I'm doing anything important and feel kind of lost, to remember all the people praying for me. Which really encouraged me. So I decided that even though I don't know a) what I want to do with my life and b) why I am here, I am gonna do whatever I am doing with everything I've got. Our RD sends out an e-mail every week based on the song "with everything." And I need to work at what I am doing, "with everything" that I have. So I am gonna work on it. 


but... I need some advice on a possible major. 
elementary education?
what do you think?
Could I be a teacher?? I have no idea. That's just an idea that has popped in my head and has really stuck there for some reason, so I assume that's for a reason.


Anyways, tonight me, elizabeth, becca, and emily are going to stay at Amy's house! We have day of prayer tomorrow, so no classes till 1! and I don't have any classes past 1, so I have NOTHING tomorrow! perfect! :)


love you all, cant wait to hear the advice on the major. 
thanks!
kbaaiii.

3 comments:

  1. do you like kids? do you like parents? think about those thing when thinking about elementary ed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your blog: "I feel like I'm just floating around here with no purpose." Hannah, you are giving every one in your family great joy as we all read and listen and watch you grow. Not that your college experience is about anyone but you. MAJOR-SCHMAJOR. Smell the roses. But you know all that, so keep on having some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah! ive been rethinking my major recently[eled actually!] and some friends have told me they could see me in social work or counseling or something like that. and i feel like you'd be a good fit in either of those. from what i know about you dear hannah, you have a heart for helping people. what about missions? or humanities? if you think elementary education is for you, consider special ed perhaps? I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete