Friday, September 10, 2010

james 1:6

This is just a little thought I had last night while I was reading my Bible. I was reading James, and I got to James 1:6 and it says this "But when he asks [for wisdom] he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." 
Once I get done with college (to the end of the dock) I will be thrown into the world (ocean), right? 
I realized that I can't have doubts about anything when I get to the end of my dock. If I do, I'll be blown and tossed about like a wave. The world will consume me in it's waves. I have to have faith in God that what I am doing when I get to the end of the dock, as long as its glorifying to Him, is the right thing. And that I'm getting on the right boat. 


I also realized, I can't walk to close to the edge of the dock while walking down to the end. I could easily fall off and be thrown into the ocean. Quitting school would throw me right into the ocean. Not doing God's will could throw me right into the ocean. I know that being here at Cedarville is what God wants me to do right now. And it feels good to at least know that (even though I don't know my major). 


-----------------------------------------------


tonight is open dorms. yesssss. hahah.


also, COLTS PLAY SUNDAY. luv football season. 


that's all. 
kbyeee.

1 comment:

  1. This is so good, Hannah. God will direct your paths. Continually read His word and seek after HIm and HIm only. Love you!

    ReplyDelete